PDA

View Full Version : Wild West NM

gary rouleau
04-03-2008, 10:23 PM
The colour version looked too red as usual here in New Mexico so I thought I'd try something a little different.

Your Thoughts?

cheers
gary

Robert Amoruso
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I like the composition Gary but I don't think the high-contrast look is working for me here. The shadows are too dark and when I opened them up there is a green color cast in them - less noticable here. The left sky is blown out as well. I kind of like the "washed-out" color look and that might be something to play around with in the right image. What the right image that might be, I don't know. I have seen that look a lot in fashion photography.

Regarding the composition, the large rock face on the left is balanced well with the smaller receding ones moving to the left. I would have liked to see a bit more separation onthe right for the large rock face.

Roman Kurywczak
04-04-2008, 07:45 AM
The Sky is definitely not working for me here.........as for the comp.....agree with Robert.........but if you had another butte right next to it............crop it so the sky isn't visible on the right(next to the large formation). A few things to do when sky's go that bright..........shoot IR..........or go do breakfast. My days can be very long if the lighting conditions are right. Most of the times, if the light is too bright with no clouds........time to put the camera away and explore......do macro with a diffuser.......have a siesta etc.
Roman

Grady Weed
04-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I wonder what a Black and White redo, new image frame, might do for this? It has exciting possibilities.

Alfred Forns
04-04-2008, 09:41 AM
This is close Gary !!!! I feel some detail in the left hill and local contrasts changes would enhance the image Lots of shadows to work with !!!! Also need to do something with the sky to the right An HDR would have produced interesting results !!!

Alfred Forns
04-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Roman Played around with the Nik Filters to see get something out of the image Did get some but there was little color information in the darker areas. Also made some color changes.

btw also did some local changes with Vieza

Roman Kurywczak
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Interesting how it definitely helped the sky. Do you remember what filters?
Roman

Alfred Forns
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
For the sky I used the bicolor user defined Don't remember the others but did use several