PDA

View Full Version : An interesting line up

Shreeni Rao
10-17-2011, 11:25 PM
From Jasper Pulaski Fish & Wildlife Area, Medaryville, Indiana.

Is there a green cast ? I am not able to tell on my ACD but seems too green on a Dell 24 :(

arash_hazeghi
10-18-2011, 03:45 AM
very interesting line up and a nice BG too. I wish the heads were more parallel to the camera. your file was 222KB and got compressed by BPN server thus the soft IQ...

Bill Dix
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I, too, like the juxtaposition of the birds, but wish they were heading our way. I don't see any green cast, at least not according to ColorPic. I don't know if it's the compression that Arash mentioned, but the upper two thirds of the BG seem to need some NR.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Shreeni, I like the line-up and the rows of grass in the BG. The noise is really hurting this one. Is it a big crop? why spot metering in this situation?

Shreeni Rao
10-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you Arash, Bill & Kaustubh.

Kaustubh : It is a heavy crop and I was just too lazy to run selective NR :e3 The Sun was moving in and out of dark overhanging clouds which moving very fast. So I chose to Spot meter.

Daniel Cadieux
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
very interesting line up and a nice BG too. I wish the heads were more parallel to the camera. your file was 222KB and got compressed by BPN server thus the soft IQ...

No official announcement has been done yet, but images can now be 250kb so the softness comes from the heavy crop.

I don't see a cast, and although the image is interesting I agree it would have been nade stronger by all three heads parallel to the camera, and by being closer to your subjects.