PDA

View Full Version : Fall Color at Brook's Falls - Take #2

Andrew McLachlan
10-17-2011, 07:59 PM
In the previous post Robert suggested a view with more of the rocks at the base of the comp. Here is an alternate view of the falls with more rocks at the base. This was a 3 image HDR processed with Oloneo PhotoEngine. Exposure times were 8, 15 & 30 seconds (or -1, 0 & +1). In this comp I wasn't crazy about the foreground rock merging with the rock in the cascade so I moved further to the right which was the view in the original post.

Look forward to comments.

Nikon D200
Nikon 12-24mm lens @ 12mm
Nikon Polarizing filter
ISO 100
f16
mirror-lock

Brendan Dozier
10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Very, very nice, Andrew. Love the light, comp, colors and softness to the flow. Like take #2 best, I think that was a good call by Robert regarding more foreground. I know this is HDR, not too familiar with process, but which one is the exposure time for this amount of water softness, or is that part blended?

Jay Gould
10-18-2011, 05:17 AM
Mate, I did not comment on #1 and I am seeing them both on the same day.

#2 rocks!! (no pun intended)

It is sharp; it POP!!

Would love to see it in high res full frame. Is it posted on your website? In a really large view on a wall you could just walk into the image.

:cheers: :5

Robert Amoruso
10-18-2011, 07:50 AM
I knew I was going to like them FG rocks and the debris on them. Looks great - I am glad you created this view and posted it. Well done.

Rachel Hollander
10-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Andrew - I prefer this view as well. Not sure if it is the HDR treatment or the sharpening but I find myself drawn to the yellow and lighter green leaves in the bg though not in a good way. I would consider cropping into more of a pano really placing the emphasis on the rocks and water.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-18-2011, 01:18 PM
For me your best landscape posted here to date Andrew! Well done...:cheers:
As Jay said - really compelling, sucks you in...I am impressed by the results of the Oloneo software.

Andrew McLachlan
10-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks folks for the comments, they are much appreciated!

Jay, I have not posted this one on my website yet. I did post the first one on my blog a few days ago, but it is much smaller than the post here at BPN.

Brendan, the water would be a blend of all the exposures. When I processed the images in Oloneo Photo Engine I selected the 'align images' and turned off the 'ghost removal'. I have noticed that the ghost removal doing funny things to the flowing water.

Thanks again folks!

Rene Quenneville
10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Beautiful composition Andrew. This is my favorite of the 3 versions posted.