PDA

View Full Version : Glass, Steel, & Light

Brendan Dozier
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Took some shots of this interesting glass & textured steel sculpture at the botanic garden. Added some PB oil & blur on BG.

John Storjohann
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Brenda, I really like the illusion of depth in this image; a wonderful pattern of lines and color and patterns. I wish there was a little more room on the right between the corner of the glass at the top and the border of the frame...it seems just a little tight...but everything else, to my eye, is a visual delight. Nicely seen!

denise ippolito
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Brendan, I love this. The colors and design are lovely. I wish the top piece of glass on the right side was a little sharper. Nice job with the filters, they add just the right touch!:S3:

Brendan Dozier
10-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks John & Denise, much appreciated.

John, let me go back and take a look regarding the right side, I think I cropped out a distracting piece on that side.

Denise, yeah I wish that top piece was sharper too. I did selective sharpening, but that is about as good as I could get it without deteriorating. Took this with my macro lens and should of had some more dof.

Andrew McLachlan
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Brendan, love the filtering and the colors here as well as the comp. Agree on the top pane's sharpness.

Kerry Perkins
10-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi Brendan, this one really caught my eye. Nice work on seeing the opportunity and capturing it. The processing looks great. Since you have the bg on a separate layer, I would suggest changing the color to one that is more compatible with the foreground colors. To my eye it looks like it's from a different palette. Nice job!

Brendan Dozier
10-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks Kerry, that is a good idea. What color do you think would work best? I think I'm going to try and re-shoot this angle with more dof when I get a chance.

Brendan Dozier
10-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks, Andrew, much appreciated!

Cheryl Slechta
10-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Brendan, I really like the look you've gotten here. I agree with Kerry on a different bg color - something brighter:S3: