PDA

View Full Version : Tree Swallow

Taylor Yeager
04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I am lucky enough to have a large population of these at my work. I went in early today with these birds in mind!

40d/1.4/500
f/8 1/1000

~Taylor

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/salsataco/20080403-_MG_9602-Edit.jpg

Arthur Morris
04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Nicely done and designed with good d-o-f. A bit more of a look back and a bit softer light would have improved it.

later and love, artie

ps: Are they looking at nest boxes?

Taylor Yeager
04-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Of course. Where do you think the perch is coming out of?;)

~Taylor

Arthur Morris
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Of course. Where do you think the perch is coming out of?;)

~Taylor

I figure that it might have been a set-up as that species is quick to sit on anything you put up. My point is that the perch is too big for the bird... Find something skinny with more character...

later and love, arite

Taylor Yeager
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I did skinny. Anything too short, to be less springy, and it landed on the box. Too long and it whipped the bird in the butt when it took off and it did not want to land on it again. Hence this brute. Although, I did get an interesting bird whipped in the butt image.

~Taylor

Linda Robbins
04-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You are lucky to have these beauties near where you work. Nice pose, framing and background. Had the light been a little softer, it would have improved this image. Go in to work earlier! Well done!

Alfred Forns
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Just beautiful Taylor !!! Just the softer light for me but one fine image !!!!

Arthur Morris
04-04-2008, 07:13 AM
I did skinny. Anything too short, to be less springy, and it landed on the box. Too long and it whipped the bird in the butt when it took off and it did not want to land on it again. Hence this brute. Although, I did get an interesting bird whipped in the butt image. ~Taylor

Taylor, trust me on this, if you do a more extensive perch-search you can come up with something much better (and skinnier) than the perch above. How do I know that? Been there, done that.

later and love, artie