PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox Kits

DanWalters
01-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Captured these kits this past spring in Colorado. The only thing that bothers me is the clump of grass on the right side and maybe just a little more space around the kits.

Canon 1D Mark2
Sima 500mm f/4.5 lens
Gitzo tripod
Metering at zero

Axel Hildebrandt
01-04-2008, 07:35 PM
You mean that it is full frame, right? First I thought it would be great if the other kit would have faced you but not anymore. I like the intimate mood and you mentioned the nits.

Eric Wikander
01-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I still love this shot. Gteat exposure and as stated the intimate moment is nice. I still have yet to photograph a fox and hope to do so in 2008.

Fred J. Lord
01-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Dan: This is really a wonderful slice of canine life. The grass isn't a factor for me because it directs my eye to the face of the kit facing the lens. This would make a wonderful shot for a large print on the wall.

The cropping is on the edge of tight but quite acceptable here. For a large print, it could be looser.

Fred

D. Robert Franz
01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
You pretty much covered the small nits the image has. You captured some cute behavior and great color..

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Such nice interaction you captured Dan and the light is amazing. I feel the grass balances everything very well but also feel that a bit more space around them would fo them well.

Jim Poor
01-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I like the grass. I think it adds to the intimacy of the moment as if you are peering in on them in their private lives.

Gary "Jake" Jacobson
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I like the interaction and emotion capture between the pups, but would like a little more room around them as well. I like that one of the pups isn't facing the lens. Great shot.