PDA

View Full Version : Theme Landing Canada Geese and Habitat.

Daniel Cadieux
10-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Like the Ring-billed Gulls up here not many people pay much attention to Canada Geese. Yes they are very numerous and a nuisance in some parts but they do offer nice opportunities. Here I was glad a small group were landing in front of a natural looking part of the banks of the Ottawa River...most of the Ontario side of shoreline is lined with buildings or other manmade structures Here we see the Ontario side(near) and Quebec (far)

Canon 7D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1250s., f/7.1, ISO 400, 85% FF. The 4th and 5th geese from the front were merged with a third one (cloned out).

Randy Stout
10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Daniel:

Good sense of separation and detail on these very small in frame subjects. I like the variety of poses, well exposed.

Not easy to make a flock of Canada geese look good!

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Dan, you describe the same as what we experience with our Egyptian geese. Good separation from all the geese, and I like how the last three are 'playing' in the air.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Daniel, very nice. you got all of them within DOF and BG is distant and blurred....and none of the geese are against the trees...very well done.

Jim Crosswell
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Nice image Daniel! I like the setting and composition. I would like to see another one when the leaves change colour.

Daniel Cadieux
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys! Canada Geese are not as "sexy" as Merlins nor as popular as far as online posts are...but they are just as much fun to photograph!!