10-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 24mm Tilt/Shift
25 sec, f/22
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +1 1/3
ISO: 50
3 stop NGD Filter used over sky to balance exposure. Shift used on lens to place horizon line.

A rather intense sunrise that morning.

Andrew Aveley
10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
awesome colours and exposure control ! Like the fg interest and angled clouds !

Jerry van Dijk
10-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Robert, very serene image. I like all the color shades and details in clouds and water. Nice position of the FG element and good leading line provided by the darker clouds. I am bothered by the small bright line running along the edge of the frame below the rock. Easy fix by cropping of a sliver from the bottom.

Andrew McLachlan
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Robert, beautiful work. Love the 25 second exposure, the color and the wave sculpted rock in the water.

Jay Gould
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Heavenly!! Agree with removal of the line at the bottom of the frame.

John Chardine
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Robert. Total warming effect on the viewer! I am trying to understand the exposure. Clearly the key feature is the very long shutter speed and to allow this you have used f22 and ISO50. Other than the softening of the moving surface (although I am surprised the ripples are still there!), what effect does this long exposure have on the image? Put another way, and ignoring depth of field, what would the image look like with an exposure of f5.6 and 1-2s?

Rachel Hollander
10-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Robert - great colors, wispy clouds and I like the fg rock as an anchor. Nicely done. Curious as to your decision to leave the additional small rock on the lhs.

TFS,
Rachel

Robert Amoruso
10-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Robert - great colors, wispy clouds and I like the fg rock as an anchor. Nicely done. Curious as to your decision to leave the additional small rock on the lhs.

TFS,
Rachel

Thanks Rachel. I presume you meant the RHS small rock. I left it there because it is there - it does not distract me. Due to the shifting sand in this area, the large rock and much smaller ones around it are covered some days and not others. My preference is to record that presence or lack of it as it changes with the tides. The large rock itself has not been covered completely in my experience at this location though as of the last few months, much of the sand in this area has transferred to the off-shore sand-bar due to the strong storms we are having.

Rachel Hollander
10-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes, Robert, I meant the rhs :e3. I thought it might be as simple an answer as because it was there.

allanrube
10-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Beautiful colors. The rock anchor is perfect. I would love to see another shot at 1-2 seconds just to see what the difference in the water would be. Perhaps I am saying there is not a need for such a long exposure. Maybe, the le was needed.

I am not a fan of squarish images so I would have cropped off the top. Not saying I am right here, but that is what I would have done.

John Chardine
10-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Alan- In pane #6 I also asked about the very long exposure. Fascinated to know the answer.