PDA

View Full Version : Dandy mirror

Grahame Hamblin
10-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Had a play on black acrylic any suggestions on how to do this lighting etc would be helpful
D300 f22 iso 200 2 sec cropped and spots cloned
Grahame

Steve Maxson
10-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Grahame. I haven't tried this method before so I can't offer any suggestions of the technique - but I like the results! I like the comp, the diagonal positioning of your subject, and the black background. I think a few tweaks will take this strong image up a couple notches. There are still a number of spots and a few reflections in the black background that could easily be removed to clean that up completely. I would also suggest some additional sharpening. :S3:

Paul Lagasi
10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Grahame..ditto on above comments, they'll really help. This is a very well thought out composed image, its simple, yet has that wow factor, that makes me want to go out and try one..very well done

denise ippolito
10-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi Grahame, I like your thoughts for this image. I have played around with black plexi-glass and I seem to find that every spec. of dust shows up. I agree it could be sharper. It's an interesting subject. I look forward to seeing more experiments with the black glass.:S3:

Ken Childs
10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey Grahame, I love this concept and there really isn't anything I can add to the critique....a little clean up and some sharpening should take this one up a couple of notches. If the sharpness isn't there in this image, it should be something easy to revisit for another go. :S3:

Bob Miller
11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Grahme.....I don't think the lighting is bad! You are on the right track ....just make it sharper! Interesting idea....the black plastic!