PDA

View Full Version : Fall colors

Rene Quenneville
10-15-2011, 08:08 PM
I took this picture last wednesday morning wile travelling through La Tuque, Quebec. There was early morning fog and a beautiful texture in the sky. I tried a 3 frame HDR and I did adjust contrast in Lightroom. I was not sure about leaving the lower part of the image but I did not want to cut the botom of the trees.

1/60s, 1/30s, 1/125s
f/14
ISO 400
28mm

Bob Dromgoole
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi Rene, That is a beautiful scene. You were right in thinking to crop the foreground. Bring it to the edge of the grass
and it looks better imho.
Nice autumn feel.

Andrew Aveley
10-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Great colours and textures. I am a little distracted by the 'gradient line' across the top third and the lighter areas either side of the outcrop. Maybe a little dodging and burning of the lighter areas to balance it out or no gradient and some pp on the sky ? Still a very nice scene. Heres a rough idea of what i mean.......

Robert Amoruso
10-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Rene,

You could crop some of the FG if you wish but I would leave a strip of the lighter ground as it acts to anchor the image. I like what Andrew did with the image.

Great clouds and pleasing composition makes this a please to view. HDR work subtle and effect. I would suggest trying to extract some additional detail out of the dark shadows on the right. Nice job.

Jerry van Dijk
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Very special scene with the fog coming out of the trees. I would loose the grey FG by cropping to the grassy area. I think that this FG is one element too much fighting for the viewers attention. Alternatively, a crop from the top reducing the amount of clouds may do the trick as well. Very good application of HDR, really brings out the fall colors.

Andrew McLachlan
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Rene, very nicely done and i too like the subtle HDR here. Robert makes a good suggestion regarding the shadow detail. nice work!

Rene Quenneville
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
thank you all. Your comments confirm my uinitial thoughts and improve greatly the overall final product.

Morkel Erasmus
11-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Missed this one, Rene...love the autumn colours and the overall design here with an interesting sky too. Andrew's repost is an improvement IMHO. :bg3: