Mital Patel
10-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Troy,
Very refreshing pose with that colored kill. bummer about the bg though

Troy Lim
10-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Troy,
Very refreshing pose with that colored kill. bummer about the bg though
Agree, this was caught moments before he/she flew into the nest, thus the palm leaves. Personally, I like this shot better than just against the normal blue sky, like the 'environmental' shots once a while.

Mital Patel
10-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Agree, this was caught moments before he/she flew into the nest, thus the palm leaves. Personally, I like this shot better than just against the normal blue sky, like the 'environmental' shots once a while.

Not against of environmental things in image Troy. Just that i loved the light pose and kill altogether and thought this can be a great mater stroke if got nice bg. Otherwise i liked that stripes behind eagle and loved it as is too. :bg3:

Troy Lim
10-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Not against of environmental things in image Troy. Just that i loved the light pose and kill altogether and thought this can be a great mater stroke if got nice bg. Otherwise i liked that stripes behind eagle and loved it as is too. :bg3:

Got it :)

Petros Petrou
10-15-2011, 02:52 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Very nice flight pose. Great detail and beautiful light. I like the colorful prey and the talons. Perhaps adding a little more room on top?

yogesh_puranik
10-15-2011, 06:56 AM
wow..fantastic moment captured..lovely..BTW: a question did you taken from ground or some height?

Troy Lim
10-15-2011, 07:14 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Very nice flight pose. Great detail and beautiful light. I like the colorful prey and the talons. Perhaps adding a little more room on top?

I wish I have more room on top..I would have to add more canvas.

wow..fantastic moment captured..lovely..BTW: a question did you taken from ground or some height?

Thank you, it was from an un even ground, it was not easy to pan and track the bird, I ended up placing this one on top of the frame.

Michael Lloyd
10-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Impeccable timing Troy. Caracara are primarily scavengers (around here anyway) and it's nice to see one with prey. It's nice to see something other than a fly by or perched shot of this bird as well. Exposure and color appears to be spot on. Th subject is sharp. I like it.

If the background was a school bus or something unnatural it would bother me. I see it as mimicking the splayed tail feathers of the bird :S3:

Doug Brown
10-15-2011, 08:48 AM
While not my favorite BG, I'd be happy with a frame like this Troy. The prey is really cool! Would like to see more room up top, and I'd probably open up the darks a little.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Maybe if you softened the light on the bg it would work better and leave more attention to this awesome capture Troy? I think it's worth trying. As far as the adding canvas ohh that could be tough and I think you may just have enough to room get away with the op