PDA

View Full Version : Ponder On!

bishancm
10-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi All,
My first post here.
Image of an Indian "Pond Heron" in Non Breeding Plumage contemplating on getting a bite.
Nikon D300s, 600mm, f/4,1/2000 sec,ISO 200,Levels adjusted in PP.

Regards,
Bishan.

Ofer Levy
10-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice low angle. Bird looks sharp too. Looks like you have darkened everything but the bird which doesn't look natural to me.

Mital Patel
10-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Bishan Bhai,

Very warm welcome to the community.
I would certainly be agree with ofer as it looks either a spotlight under shade but then the ground should be lightened.
Appears as if you selectively opened up the heron.

I might consider opening up the BG as well.

Razor sharp image of the heron and cropping is good as well.

bishancm
10-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Dear Ofer and Mital Bhai,
Thank you for the kind comments.
May be I overdid the levels a bit.Kindly find attached the original without any mods but cropping a bit.This was shot as a jpeg and I keep my camera settings of saturation,sharpening and color to minimum.

Regards,
Bishan

Mital Patel
10-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Dear Ofer and Mital Bhai,
Thank you for the kind comments.
May be I overdid the levels a bit.Kindly find attached the original without any mods but cropping a bit.This was shot as a jpeg and I keep my camera settings of saturation,sharpening and color to minimum.

Regards,
Bishan

Bishan Bhai,

Pity it was jpg. But you managed really well and i was right thinking that it might a spot light.

Here is what i might do.
I've masked and played with levels. added usm on heron. NR on bg and then added minor usm on tiny stems on ground.

Do we still need Saturation boost a bit ? (i felt it but then i seen them in these settings frequent to didnt applied).

Hope you like it.

yogesh_puranik
10-15-2011, 06:58 AM
superb sharp image and nice composition..Mital bhai you have become DON in PP now :)

Xander Sales
10-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Great shot... I like the composition and ultra low position of the camera. Nice to see the bird kind of fading into back- and foreground...

bishancm
10-16-2011, 03:02 AM
@Mital Bhai..Super Effort and +1 with Yogish.
@Yogish and Xander..Thanks a lot for your Kind words.

Robert Holguin
10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Real nice shot. I really like the composition and the pose of the heron. Mital's repost is wonderful.
Well done.