PDA

View Full Version : Woods Flower

Ric Grupe
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
First off, let me say that this is not "my thing".....but I've found that the 300 f/4 lens does a decent job on these types of shots. So...when no birds are available the flowers pose willingly.:)

Mike Moats
04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey Ric, looks like you found a wild geranium, nice job with the focus on the main part of the flower, and good colors. Only nit would be the green on the lower right corner, tends to pull your eye down. Keep em coming.

Robert O'Toole
04-03-2008, 11:15 PM
I like the sharpness, the comp and of course the colors. I would like to see the hotspot on the right side of the flower toned down a little to balance it out, otherwise very nice.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak
04-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Nits mentioned.......but the comp is VG. It's nice to see other have found more to life than birds!
Roman

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Nits mentioned.......but the comp is VG. It's nice to see other have found more to life than birds!
Roman

:D I might even see if those golf clubs work this year.....they didn't the last time I tried them!!!;)

Thanks, Roman. :)

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey Ric, looks like you found a wild geranium, nice job with the focus on the main part of the flower, and good colors. Only nit would be the green on the lower right corner, tends to pull your eye down. Keep em coming.

Well I learned something new today...thanks for the identification!

Thanks for your comments, Mike. :)

Ric Grupe
04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I like the sharpness, the comp and of course the colors. I would like to see the hotspot on the right side of the flower toned down a little to balance it out, otherwise very nice.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. :)

I'll have to give this another go.....it should be easy to incorporate the suggestions in this thread. The natural lighting in this one pleases me. Those small rays of light filtering through the leaves in the woods often spotlight a subject very nicely.

Fabs Forns
04-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi Ric, I like very much as presented. Good use of light.

Harold Davis
04-05-2008, 03:21 PM
beautiful, rick. love the compostion and colors!!

Ric Grupe
04-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi Ric, I like very much as presented. Good use of light.

Now that is a compliment worth having!

Thanks, Fabs. :)

Ric Grupe
04-05-2008, 05:14 PM
beautiful, rick. love the compostion and colors!!

Thanks very much, Harold. :)

John Zeiss
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I really like the composition and I think the shot works. I would have ran to get a diffuser in this light but that wolud create a different shot. I often do not do enough gardening and end up with a slightly distracting blured blade of grass in the photo too. When I remember I carry a tweezer and small scisscors. Using the DOF previev can help find thoes nasty annoyances.