PDA

View Full Version : Brown Thrasher

Joe Senzatimore
10-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Don't often see these birds in the open , so I was glad to get this opportunity. This one came out and perched for a short while. They always look like they are on a mission.

320 ISO f5.6 at 1/1600th

Mital Patel
10-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Joe,

Very nice image. Light and IQ is good here. Considering the fact you said this is indeed good take.

Pity about the perch crossing behind the bird. May be removing that part might not hurt.
A round of NR on bg would be good.

I wish you would have shown us bigger version 1024 wide ?

Mark Itol
10-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Nice pose and background, Joe. Lovely light, too. I agree it would be great to see the larger version. Would love to see more room below.

RakeshDhareshwar
10-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Agree with a larger version . Am OK with the perch extending behind the bird . Lovely sharp bird and in good light .

Grace Scalzo
10-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Nice one Joe. Real fine details and great eye. I'm fine with the perch as is. Yes to noise reduction. Not the easiest of birds to photograph!

Bill Dix
10-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Don't think I've ever seen one of these guys in such a nice perch. Love the composition, and I don't mind the leaves in back. BG color works very nicely with the bird's coloration.

Mital Patel
10-14-2011, 02:14 AM
here is what i was trying to convey for upper perch.

Agree to have it as is also looks good but someway it distracted a bit to me.

My point here is for upper perch minus is that it will really pump up the prominence of the bird in better way.

Depends entirely on personal ethics of to do or not to do the perch removal.
As you said its not quite easy i would do as much as i can to save this frame as great as possible in perfect world.

Hope you wont mind.
:5