Mital Patel
10-13-2011, 04:32 AM
Red-wattled Lapwing
(Vanellus indicus)
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, INDIA

Oct 09, 2011, 8-09am
1D MARK IV, 500 F/4, 2x TC
1/1000, f/9, ISO640 @ 1000mm

Was on to the first bird of winter migrant with 2x attached and this newcomer of 2011 was playing around and came so close i took two three images as i loved their wattled and fresh plum.

Wish could have bit better head lifted on camera ..

Joe Senzatimore
10-13-2011, 05:01 AM
Fine portrait. Love the "in your face" feel. The Bg compliments and sets off the subject perfectly. Might think about putting the copyright info in the lower right as it distracts where it is.

RakeshDhareshwar
10-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Brilliant portrait , Mital . The detail is just awesome . Not too sure about the crop here though . Maybe the crop works with long billed birds ?? . But then , that's just me .

Mital Patel
10-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Brilliant portrait , Mital . The detail is just awesome . Not too sure about the crop here though . Maybe the crop works with long billed birds ?? . But then , that's just me .

Would be agree rakeshbhai. But the fact is this is almost full frame just cropped some part of bird on lef which gradually leaving its depth dut to minimum focus distance.

yogesh_puranik
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
nice one bhai...white looks bright? not sure..nice portrait..how do you know whether it is first migrant etc?

Sid Garige
10-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Not a big fan of side profile but this is an exception Mital. Great details and interesting composition.

Mital Patel
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
nice one bhai...white looks bright? not sure..nice portrait..how do you know whether it is first migrant etc?

when i told First migrant i meant to say the winter approach started and birds mingrant birds will start coming in specially waders first then waterfowls.

I was on to a little ringed-plover the first migrant i saw on the countryside lake.

Red-wattled lapwings breed here and resident birds so i would not call them first migrant.
:bg3:

Mital Patel
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Not a big fan of side profile but this is an exception Mital. Great details and interesting composition.

Thanks a lot Sid for your kind comments.

Ron Sprunger
10-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Rich colors, great detail, a beautiful bird. Well done. I'd favor a smidge more top and right, though it sounds as if you'd have to create it.