PDA

View Full Version : Black-necked Stilt

Roy Priest
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Taken this am at Gilbert Water Park, Gilbert, Arizona.
Nikon D700, 500F4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 800, F6.3, 1/3200

Daniel Cadieux
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I like the texture and colour of the water, and you did well with a potentially difficult to expose subject. With sidelighting I almost always prefer the light's angle coming from the tail side of the subject as this will permit good illumination of the face with a good HA. You have the opposite here...a better HA would have put the face in shadow. I also find the subject large in the frame...this looks like it was a pretty tame individual!!

Arthur Morris
10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I agree with the excellent analysis by Dan. Neat that you got the muddy water to look rather dreamy.

Mital Patel
10-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Roy,

I am totally agree with Dan,

You did really well on black and white being with odd lighting condition. Sharpness and IQ look really great here.
Just wish for some Eye Repair work

Roy Priest
10-13-2011, 04:19 PM
I like the texture and colour of the water, and you did well with a potentially difficult to expose subject. With sidelighting I almost always prefer the light's angle coming from the tail side of the subject as this will permit good illumination of the face with a good HA. You have the opposite here...a better HA would have put the face in shadow. I also find the subject large in the frame...this looks like it was a pretty tame individual!!

Daniel, this is full frame. They are quite used to people here and the stilts seem exceedingly tame, although my only other experience with stilts is in Hawaii.

I agree with the excellent analysis by Dan. Neat that you got the muddy water to look rather dreamy.

THanks Artie.

Roy,

I am totally agree with Dan,

You did really well on black and white being with odd lighting condition. Sharpness and IQ look really great here.
Just wish for some Eye Repair work

Thanks, what kind of eye repair are you thinking about?