PDA

View Full Version : Dewy wings

OvidiuCavasdan
10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
40D, EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
F14
1/50 sec
ISO 400
Manual mode, tripod, slightly croped. Cold nights lately, I was searching for some dragonflies covered with dew early in the morning and found a couple, but unfortunately none with the wings in perfect condition. Finally found one with the wings on one side in good condition and shot some close up images. Bg is the dry vegetation in the early morning sun.
Suggestions are welcome.

Julie Kenward
10-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Ovidiu, you outdid yourself on this one. I love the crystal clear focus on the wings and the composition with the slight diagonal and the upclose in-your-face crop...wow! Who wouldn't love this?

Steve Maxson
10-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Ovidiu. This is very cool - and a unique take on a dragonfly photo! Nice light, a great background, and the dew drops add a lot of interest. Initially, I was debating about the comp - with the cut wing at the bottom - but now I like it just the way you presented it! This is very well done! :cheers:

Ken Childs
10-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Ovidiu, when I looked at the thumbnail for this, I was thinking I wasn't going to like the way this was cropped but once I got a look at the larger image, I knew right away that I was wrong....this looks fantastic! The light you captured couldn't be any better and the BG looks great.

This is a great example of finding a worthwhile subject when at first it appeared that there was nothing good to shoot. We can all learn from your example!