PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley Formation

Dave Mills
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I shot this a few years back near Stovepipe Wells. I converted the image in the new Topaz B&W filter making the sand a sepia color. I then brought back the original color of the formation.( don't know the name of the material) I thought about adding more to the top but the more I looked at it I decided to leave as is.

Indranil Sircar
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Beautiful composition, Dave. I love the perspective, lighting and the colors. The patterns on the sand is wonderful. I just wish for a larger size to appreciate the details! Nice processing.

Mitch Carucci
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Wonderful landscape. Great treatment. Simple, but strong. (could the crystals be borax?)

Brendan Dozier
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Very interesting landscape and like the perspective on this, Dave! Nice contrast of patterns & texture, and your treatment works well.

Julie Kenward
10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I absolutely love the way the light falls off behind the formation and the intensity of the light right at the front of the colored area. Those wiggly patterns in the sand and the way they dip down to the LRC...they really make this image flow!

Andrew McLachlan
10-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Dave, this turned out quite well. Love the comp...it almost looks like a night time shot with some light painting applied to the rock formation. Nice work!