PDA

View Full Version : Just busy stuffing my face

Steve Maxson
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
The eastern chipmunks emerged from hibernation a few days ago and are understandably hungry after a long winter. This one is busy packing in sunflower seeds at one of my feeders. Its cheeks are only about half full here!! 40D, 500 f/4, 1/160, f/8, ISO 400. Removed a few distracting items with quick mask. Comments are welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey Steve,
Love these guys.......looks like he's going to explode! Your going to hear more room behind tail.....I won't say to crop it tighter all around it then (since I'm know to love tight crops!).......but do add some space behind. I just saved a bunch of people some extra typing. Everything else.............right on and well done,
Roman

Alfred Forns
04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I just want a tiny crop for the bottom !!! Would increase density a bit Like to see the back a bit darker!!!

I like the expression very much and the mouth full priceless !!!!

Robert Amoruso
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Steve,

Great looking image. I like how his paw is at his mouth. Agree with the behind room but not bottom. If you crop at the bottom, you will put the image edge to close to the knots in the log.

Alfred Forns
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
The crop looks good to me Robert Could have but didn't clone the knots So much space at the bottom was bothering me !!!

Steve Maxson
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Roman, Alfred, and Robert. I do have space to add back onto the left so that will not be a problem. My original thought was that I didn't want to push the animal too far to the right in the frame. I'm OK with Alfred's crop off the bottom. :)

Van Hilliard
04-04-2008, 07:00 AM
The crops have been covered in above comments so I'll just say that I find this photo enormously appealing and entertaining. I love the subtle gradations of browns and warm colors and the background is perfect.

Daniel Cadieux
04-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I actually like both crops. I wouldn't add more room at left, I like it as is. These guys just came out a few days ago here too...went straight to the seed bag that I had unexcusably left outside overnight!!

Kari Post
04-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Very cute. I love how you got the whole tail in the frame.

Chris Dodds
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Should have made a cuteness alert!
Love it!