PDA

View Full Version : HONEY ! I dropped my bill !!!

RakeshDhareshwar
10-11-2011, 02:08 AM
On the boat ride in Naivasha , this pelican came quite close .

Camera : Canon 1D Mk III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Aperture : f 7.1
Shutters : 1/1600
Speed : ISO 200

Cheers,
Rakesh

arash_hazeghi
10-11-2011, 02:17 AM
excellent light and sharp details! I like the reflection of the beak too. I would go 3 : 2 AR, adding space in the bottom and subtracting from top. (i.e. moving the bird up in the frame)

Excellent!

Ron Sprunger
10-11-2011, 02:22 AM
A very handsome bird, sharp and well exposed. I love the water, and the texture on his bill. Why am I seeing the tip of the bill reflected twice in the water? Did you accidentally pick it up in a clone, or was it really there twice? If I hang a ruler from the tip of the bill to the reflected bill, it indicates 2.5 degrees of CW rotation needed. I love the image, but am bothered by the doubled tip reflection, and the odd look of the head and bill proper in the reflection. BG is great.

I'd like to see less at the top, and more at the sides, particularly behind. Maybe a bit of a pano would work well.

Ken Watkins
10-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Had to look twice to figure out your title:bg3::bg3:

I agree with Arash on more space at the bottom.

RakeshDhareshwar
10-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanx guys , Would have loved to get some more bottom space too , but this is a FF image . The perils of shooting from a dingy boat which moves with every small wave :Whoa!::bg3::bg3:.
@ Ron, The two bills were there . In fact , I was toying with the idea of cloning both of them or atleast one of them , but then let it be ....for fun . As intrigued as you for the reason for two bills in the water :w3.

Will try some PP later to add some more canvas in the bottom and try and centre the bird horizontally .
Thanx again.

Mital Patel
10-11-2011, 04:07 AM
MY MY ..

BHAI THIS IS SPECTACULAR SHOT.

Clarity at its best. Loved the texture on the pouch.

Daniel Cadieux
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Terrific IQ and colours, but I wish you had been able to point your lens a little lower (but yes can be difficult on a rocking boat)

Chris Kotze
10-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Top IQ, colours and feather detail super image The bottom space explained thanks, taking a bit of the top would look great.

anujgandhe
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
execellent exposure, lovely details... classic.

Ishmeet Sahni
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Rakesh, an excellent image. With a FF what can I say......no space to play with.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Ha! Clever title, excellent image quality with perfect light, exposure and details. Lovely image Rakesh.