PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Birch Blur

Andrew McLachlan
10-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Just back from a week of shooting fall color, however, due to the very hot, dry month of August much of the color was rather pale when compared to previous years. I was able to find a few nice pockets of color though and began shooting lots of HDRs. As I was driving through a little itty-bitty town called Kearney I came upon a graveyard where a few trees caught my attention in an open grassy area away from the tombstones. I played around with some blurs and came up with this one.

Look forward to comments.

denise ippolito
10-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Very abstract look to this one Andrew, I like the colors int he BG and the amount of blur. What was your shutter speed?:S3: Nice to have you back!!

Dave Mills
10-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Andrew, I like the warm grasses along with the different shades of green. I find the large white area a bit distracting probably due to the lack of definition. Not sure how it relates to the rest of the image...

Indranil Sircar
10-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Very nice abstract, Andrew. I like the warm colors and the brush stroke like effect. I can see this as a canvas on a wall! :S3:

Brendan Dozier
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Love the blur, pastel colors, and soft texture to this Andrew. I like the abstract comp of this, but agree that the white area is a bit distracting. Wonder if it's possible to tone it down or blend it in more.

Andrew McLachlan
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks folks for the comments, much appreciated!

Denise, the exposure time was 2.5 seconds.

denise ippolito
10-12-2011, 08:01 AM
:S3::S3:

Jim Fenton
10-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I REALLY like this image...especially the simplicity of it.

I wish I could get images like this which I see with my eyes, translated to abstract and get my hands to paint them...