PDA

View Full Version : Marsh pride cubs playtime.

Marc Mol
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
9.00am.
This little guy was the youngest in the pride here and hence was always bullied the most, he did appear to take it all in his stride.:S3:

D3s 500VR 1/2000s ISO400@f/5.6 F/F, Masai Mara Oct 2010

Cheers
Marc

Brendan Dozier
10-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Very cute interaction capture, Marc, love that expression on the little one's face. Nicely composed, log makes a great perch and vertical frame works well. Wonder if you can open up the darker areas of log to bring out just a bit more detail, and there is a small streak of blue cast in water below log. That's minor though, and I really think like the whole composition - nice work!

Harshad Barve
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM
excellent moment captured Marc
TFS

RakeshDhareshwar
10-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Awesome interaction caught here , Marc . Down right cute !!! Since this is a FF , you could experiment with a closer crop , but it is just an alternative crop . Like the original too .

Rachel Hollander
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Marc - very cute interaction, nicely captured. Good suggestions by Brendan to really make this shine.

TFS,
Rachel

Ken Watkins
10-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Marc,

Sorry missed this earlier, great interaction, in what seems to be harsh light. Given the room you have at both top and bottom you could choose all sorts of crops, personally I would choose just a little from the bottom.:cheers::cheers:

Steve Kaluski
10-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi Marc, nice to see you posting. The cubs face is priceless, likewise the actual posture of the rather wet and bedraggle mum and cub.

Looks a tad saturated, but certainly would try and selectively lighten via Curves and reduce the black in the yellow channel, as it opens up the main subjects nicely. Also watch the areas of Blue coming through on the LHS of the log, the line in the water and the lower half of the lionesses legs.

TFS
Steve

Pieter de Waal
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Marc, nice pose and interaction captured. I would consider a slight crop to just at the bottom of the log and agree with a slight lightening.

Marc Mol
10-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Appreciate the comments everyone.

Hi Marc, nice to see you posting. The cubs face is priceless, likewise the actual posture of the rather wet and bedraggle mum and cub.
TFS
Steve

Thanks Steve, some good points there.
However, these are actually both cubs here, the lower one @ around 3/4 mths and the harasser @ around 7/8 mths. :w3

Sid Garige
10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Great moment very well captured Marc.

Steve Kaluski
10-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Size can be deceptive. :bg3:

Marc, re the blues on the log & the line in the water:

Adjustment layer > Saturation > Blue, move the slider all the way to the left. What happen?

Morkel Erasmus
10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Marc - sorry for being late to this...good to see you posting again :tinysmile_shy_t:.
You've had some sound advice...here's something I will throw into the mix. Overall colour seems to be on the green/cyan side. In the repost I adjust the color balance more towards red from cyan, and also desaturated the green, cyan and blue channels some. I also incorporated a crop suggestion...

WDYT?

DanWalters
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Great interaction. Like the closer crop, brings more emphasis on the lions.

Marc Mol
10-13-2011, 06:15 AM
The RP is looking good here Morkel. :5