PDA

View Full Version : nastursion

Grahame Hamblin
10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
D300 100mm macro f16 1/3 sec iso 200 did play a bit with focus and contrast
Grahame

Steve Maxson
10-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi Grahame. This is an interesting take on this flower with nice comp and sharpness. For my tastes, the yellows have too much of a neon glow and I think the image would be stronger if the interior of the flower was a little brighter. This is subjective so others may disagree. :S3: You might consider toning down the white background a few points (say from 255 to 240 or so - you could do this using curves in PS).

denise ippolito
10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Grahame, I like the composition here with maybe a slice off the right. I agree w/ Steve regarding toning down both the flower and BG.:S3: Nice job w/ the sharpness.

Ken Childs
10-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Grahame, I like the colors as they are now.....the yellow has an interesting semi transparent cellophane look to it that I find really interesting. I agree that a slice off the right is needed and I think I would have liked this even better had the darker areas on the top 2 petals been the same color as those same areas on the lower petals. I know that isn't how Nasturtiums look but with the brightness of this image, those really dark sections feel out of place.

Grahame Hamblin
10-15-2011, 03:56 PM
thank you all for your reply s i have taken it on board I agree with you Ken about the dark at the top will have another play High key is not as easy as it looks
Grahame