PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Time

denise ippolito
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Canon 24-105mm lens with the 5D hand held
I went for a walk downtown this morning with my camera in hand. I set out to capture some fun window art but instead I saw this grapevine pumpkin sitting in a corner on a stoop with ivy growing up the wall behind it. I also liked the two wrought iron railings and the additional vines that were in the scene. I used a texture overlay from Shadowhouse Creations (http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/search/label/Textures) and a touch of Nik Color Efex (http://www.niksoftware.com/index/usa/entry.php) Glamour Glo to finish the look.

Paul Lagasi
10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Another nice work..I like the vine (both green and bare), basket made of vine and wrought iron, they each add something of interest to the image, looks like vintage painting..well done

Judy Howle
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Nice composition with an interesting grouping of the 3 elements. I love the texture!

Mitch Carucci
10-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Really nice composition and processing. And, that pumpkin is great.

Jay Sheinfield
10-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi Denise. I like the colors and textures you added to the image. Very warm feeling image. The LRC is drawing my attention, where I don't see any line or lighting that reveals the bottom of the right wall and intersection with the floor. The texture appears a bit heavier than the other corners, so maybe its covering up the diagonal.................maybe that is the design you wanted!:S3:

Kerry Perkins
10-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Denise, it is always nice to find beauty in an urban environment and you captured it expertly here. I love the geometry of the three main compositional elements - the parallel railings, the nice curve of the ivy, and the roundish pumpkin made with grape vines. The tones and textures are yummy, very nice! :c3:

denise ippolito
10-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Thanks folks, much appreciated.:S3:

Michael Lloyd
10-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Your image made me say wow out loud Denise. The composition... the colors... everything works together perfectly. I love it.

Hazel Grant
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Agree...and the textured overlay fits with the texture of the pumpkin. Very nice work! as usual.

denise ippolito
10-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Michael and Hazel, Thank you both for the kind words.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
10-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi Denise, a little late, but it is very nicely done, love the pumpkin and the texture. Beautiful work as always! :S3: