PDA

View Full Version : Lions of Masai Mara # 6 ( Playing with Mom )

Harshad Barve
10-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Dear All

Near Mara Serena , Masai Mara Sept 2010

D300 , 300/F4 at F4 , ISO 400, 1/320
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Norm Dulak
10-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks for another excellent image Harshad.

As usual, exposure, composition and sharpness are right on. And I especially like the pose showing the closeness of the two cats, and the ample space you've allowed around them, which I think conveys a sense of freedom.

Norm

Rachel Hollander
10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Harshad - I like the comp a lot and the tender moment captured. Are there actually 3 lions, seems like there is a misplaced leg under mom?

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-05-2011, 12:15 PM
I really like this one Bhai - especially the interaction, space and the layers (and that the lions aren't bisected by the blue BG) :bg3:.

gail bisson
10-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I really like the comp and pano. The extra leg of the 3rd lion makes this look a bit weird though.
Gail

Hilary Hann
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Harshad, I can see that your animalscapes have come a long way since I saw your first attempts with tigers in their environment (a long time ago). You seem to nail it with each one you show us and I look forward to seeing some with tigers in, in due course, to really compare.

Very nice comp here with the 2 bushes framing the background plains, the lines moving through the background and the very superior pose of the lioness. Would agree with comments on the bits of the 3rd lion which are just visible, better without but that's the way it is. Well done, very nice. :S3: