PDA

View Full Version : LA Street Art

Kerry Perkins
10-04-2011, 11:08 PM
You can't really call it graffiti if the property owners encourage it. :c3: This building complex on the edge of the Toy District of Los Angeles (2nd and Garey), has been a canvas for street artists for many years. I used to work downtown (at 7th and Central) and one day I left early to go get some shots of this area. The art is the result of collaboration among several graffiti artists from all over the country. In fact, if you go to Google maps and search on "MegaToys", you can easily find this corner. Go to street view and turn around - there it is!

50D, EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6L@28mm
Manual mode, f/8@1/800 ISO 400 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus, hand-held no flash

Jeff Cashdollar
10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Kerry,

Interesting to see unique pictures from other cities. I love the art work and collaboration among several graffiti artists is a nice cultural thing. I have always thought brick makes a good art surface. Kerry, I find this type of photography compelling. As you know, photography is both telling a story and capturing things as evidence. You accomplished both, thanks for sharing.

gail bisson
10-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I really like the diagonal and vertical lines in this image. Great DOF. I also like the pink curb and the grass growing in the sidewalk. It seems to pull the image together. If this was mine I would clone out the electric wires running horizontally from pole to building on mid right hand side. I am always impressed by how well some people can see the beauty in everyday things. I probably would have walked right by...:e3
Gail

kostas nianiopoulos
10-09-2011, 07:29 AM
i dont know how to say it grafiti or not , but i like it , good colors and light well done Kerry !!!