PDA

View Full Version : Male Common Eiders in Flight

denise ippolito
10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Original capture was from the Barnegat Jetty in NJ this past winter, I am looking forward to getting out there again -soon! In the original image the birds were too close, they were not touching but they were too close and centered. I decided to add a sketched look with Fractalius and the front duck was moved forward.:S3:

John Storjohann
10-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi Denise;

I like the sketched look...for me, it might be interesting to see a bit of color in the ocean as well...and I might take a sliver off the top, but you know me and tight cropping :w3. Good move - and good work! - moving the front duck forward; is one of these a juvenile?

Judy Howle
10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Very nice sketched look Denise! I like the colors and the wings being in different positions.

Andrew McLachlan
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Denise, lovely work! I love the fractalius treatment on this...but you already know that! :S3:

Indranil Sircar
10-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Beautiful composition, Denise. I too love the sketched look. Very nice use of fract.

Kerry Perkins
10-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi Denise, great use of the fract filter and the colors really lend themselves to this treatment. I like the motion and energy in the image and the hints of bg. I would remove the "shag" that the filter adds to the strongest edges in the image, on the top and bottom of both ducks. For me, the eyes could be a bit sharper, but I can say that about myself too... :eek3:

denise ippolito
10-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks all for the comments, John, I believe the front one is a molting male.:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
10-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Denise, I'm late...........Nice sketcher effect. Cool adjustments to create a design that works well. I agree with Kerry on removing the shaggy stuff. Done well:S3:!

denise ippolito
10-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks folks, I do like the shag so I will prob. keep it but I appreciate your comments.

Paul Lagasi
10-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice photoshop work separating the duck, like the Adult (back) and First winter male (front) birds really show well, one up wing and one down. Gotta love fotosketcher! Very good composition.

denise ippolito
10-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice photoshop work separating the duck, like the Adult (back) and First winter male (front) birds really show well, one up wing and one down. Gotta love fotosketcher! Very good composition.

Paul, I knew you would give a positive ID-Thanks!!:S3:

Stu Bowie
10-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Ive now run out of words Denise. Simply brilliant!!!!