10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Dear All

Masai Mara , I guess pups were waiting for parents
D300 , 300/F4 at F4 , 1/640 ISO 400

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

DanWalters
10-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Love the inclusion of the environment, yet it does not overpower the pups.

Hilary Hann
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Very nice environmental image, I've never seen pups in their den before. I really like the way the termite mound with the dens in it is replicated in smaller versions across the plains. I suppose it would have been extra excellent if the two nearest pups had been separated, but I like it anyway. :S3:

Harshad Barve
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks Dan & Hilary

I suppose it would have been extra excellent if the two nearest pups had been separated :S3:

I have nearly 50 frames from this sequence , my fault not bothered much to see which one is best , will try to dig it out as you want , but may take some time :t3

Pieter de Waal
10-03-2011, 12:14 AM
I like this one Harshad , have enjoyed your pano images of the Mara. The pups and den add the interest and I also like the way the termite mounds fade into the distance. Would have prefered if the tree was in the left of the frame.

Dumay de Boulle
10-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Very nice concept, love the comp and tree in the BG...I would maybe add a touch of contrast to see if the pups will pop more...Nice one

Ken Watkins
10-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Harshad,

Seeing your title I had hoped for some really tiny largely hairless youngsters, but this is still great.

Morkel Erasmus
10-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Nice "animalscape" here Bhai! I love the depth and the repitition of the mounds. I agree maybe tweaking the contrast on the pups some might add some "pop"? :bg3:

Harshad Barve
10-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks everyone , here is re-post with added contrast on pups

Steve Kaluski
10-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Like the environment setting here Harshad, although overall it does have a 'bright' feel to it (no refering to the weather conditions). :S3: could it be due to+0.67 comp? Could try dropping the exposure. Curious why f/4?

TFS
Steve

Tom Graham
10-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Since no one else has mentioned it, am I the only one that would like to see the horizon (yellowish grass) straightened (rotated clockwise)?
Tom

Steve Kaluski
10-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Tom I had the same thought, but then it would throw the blue sky out.

Harshad Barve
10-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Since no one else has mentioned it, am I the only one that would like to see the horizon (yellowish grass) straightened (rotated clockwise)?
Tom

Tom , IMHO plains of Serengeti and Masai Mara can mislead about horizon , I made sure that tree is upright , most of these plains have slope which you can see here , straightened image will trow out blue sky and tilt tree

Curious why f/4?

Just wanted to keep pups and mound in focus

Will try Could try dropping the exposure.

on my monitor this looks quite realistic but posting again with sliver cut on brightness , let me know your thoughts

Rachel Hollander
10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Harshad - I prefer your last repost. For lack of a better description, there seems to be more of a richness to the colors with the exp dropped slightly. I too am enjoying your animalscapes and this is no exception.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Canuel
10-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Prefer your first repost Harshad. Pups stand out more but don't have a "pasted in" look. Love how the tree is in line with the mound and echoes it's shape. Yellow horizon does slightly dip to the left (as viewed) but the next horizon line dips just slightly to right to my eye. Wouldn't adjust anything as it gives me the impression of slightly rolling grasslands.

RakeshDhareshwar
10-05-2011, 12:41 AM
#9 does is for me . Phenomenal one , Harshad !!!