PDA

View Full Version : Textured Tern

Bob Miller
10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Just playing around with textures....I liked this combo because it gave a foggy effect.

Nikon D3s
500mm/1.4TC
1/3200 sec at f5.6
ISO1600
All comments welcome!

Maureen Allen
10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
This is soft and pretty, Bob. The texture suits the tern nicely. I think the branch he's on might be a little overwhelming. Perhaps a crop to eliminate part of the branch and a bit added to the top? Also, I'd mask that eye back in.

denise ippolito
10-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Bob, I like the foggy loook to this as well. Beautiful texturing. I think maybe trying to bring just a bit more life to the eye would work. I like the framing. Maureen makes a good point regarding the perch size but I think because it's wings are open it appears much larger and the size of the perch doesn't bother me that much. I might tone down some of the brighter whites on the bird. Nice work!:S3:

John Storjohann
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Bob, I like the texture you chose...I might be tempted to bring back a little contrast or color pop to the limb, and I agree with Denise about toning down the whites a bit. If it were mine, I'd also trim a bit from the left and add a bit to the top...love the gradient of the background. I really enjoy viewing your work!

Andrew McLachlan
10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi Bob, good suggestions above already. Your choice of textures work well for this one for the foggy look. Nice one!

Bob Miller
10-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Everyone......Thanks for the suggestions!
John....Thanks for the kind words....the feeling is mutual!

Jay Sheinfield
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Bob, I agree with comments above, very nice texture and colors to the image. Mainly for me a bit of contrast and toning down the brights. Very nice.