PDA

View Full Version : Sunset before Moody

Paul Marcellini
04-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Well here is what I went out for. I was already happy to have this when I tried for "Moody" so it was a productive night. There was a group of 4 deer hanging around, real curious as to what I was doing, I was hoping I could incorporate them, but they weren't that curious. Anyways, I had a tough time deciding on overall exposure, but I'm liking the foreground a bit dark right now.

Your thoughts are welcomed, thanks for looking,
Paul

20d, 10-22@14 iso200 foreground, f8 1/13s sky, f11 1/20s 3 stop gnd

http://i26.tinypic.com/vyta8n.jpg

Robert Amoruso
04-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Paul,

Overall I like it. Exposure is good and the FG is fine. What is bothering me is the one tree leading out of the image. As a leading line, it works to pull the eye from the scene.

Roman Kurywczak
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Paul,
I agree with Robert...........as the tree that is going out has so much more mass than the smaller pines. On another note.......... Aren't you worried about gators/snakes when you walk out? I like the lines you have leading out to the sun and great sky!
Roman
PS I posted a reply to the enhancer on mine.

Gary "Jake" Jacobson
04-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I too agree that the tree on the right is a slight distraction. Nice light and exposure. Well done Paul.

Bob Ettinger
04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Exposure is right on and I agree witht he others about the tree leading out fo the frame. The comp is perfect as is the color.

Paul Marcellini
04-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I was able to squeeze and 8x10 crop in. How do like this? I'm on the fence. May just have to put this in the 2nds file.

http://i26.tinypic.com/262xj5k.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Paul,
Don't know how you feel about it ethically.............clone it out!.......or give a little more room on this version and then clone out line of tree. I think either one makes this a first cut,
Roman
PS I decided to show you what 5 minutes did..............if you are not against it ethically...........spend at least a 1/2 hour

Paul Marcellini
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks Roman, yeah i thought about it before but decided against it. Your version sure does improve it.

I have never taken to removing something so significant from a picture before. So I would be curious to see what others think from say a buyers standpoint.

Roman Kurywczak
04-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Hey Paul,
IMO.........ethically........... I wouldn't remove that much either.............but if you took only 1/3 of the tree out at edge of canvas.........the rest with crop???
Roman

Grady Weed
04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
First of all Paul. Your landscape speak to me! I am always encouraged by your delicate touch and emotional appealing images. Your love of the land shows in your work. You should be proud of what you have presented. Not many can make an image speak to the viewer. Most are technically right but lack depth of feeling. Not yours!

The second image re-work is a much better one, due to the foreground tree going away. The colors are very clean and inviting. I too do not like to clone out such a large boo boo. What ever you do I am sure it will be winner. Please keep posting these stunning landscapes.

Thanks for sharing your creative visions with us.

Harold Davis
04-05-2008, 06:26 PM
hi paul, i like your second post with the crop. it does lose some depth but it doesnt bother me. as far as cloning the tree out, it's a personal decision. if you did it and didnt tell me and i couldnt tell it was done, then there's no harm! does that sound cheesy?

Gus Cobos
04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey Paul, love the secound post, like Harold says. Very nice colors and fantastic composition giving you a sense of peace and tranquility...:cool: