PDA

View Full Version : Bumble Bee

Steve Maxson
10-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I found this Bumble Bee (Bombus sp.) on goldenrod flowers on a cool early morning when it was still quite lethargic. 5D II, MP-E 65 mm, 1/80, f/16, ISO 400, MT24-EX (diffused), HH. The background is a print of OOF vegetation held by a Plamp attached to a tripod. I ran nr on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Jason Stander
10-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Outstanding shot Steve:eek3::Whoa!:... absolute perfect exposure, detail. dof and comp... maybe a slight halo around the bee:bugeyed:... but what a WOW shot... one day when I am big... so VVWD!:w3:w3:w3

Andrew McLachlan
10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Steve, killer sharpness on the bee. Love the upside down pose too!

Jeff Parker
10-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Wow. Great sharpness and detail.

Nancy Bell
10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Awesome! The bumble bee is one of my favorite subjects but I just have not achieved this incredible sharpness. Is that a pollen basket on his leg?! The added green bkgd is perfect.

Paul Lagasi
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
No kidding, ditto..killer sharp, a face only a mother could love...good work as always

Steve Maxson
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks for your comments folks! Much appreciated! :S3:

Ken Childs
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey Steve, this looks fantastic! Colors, detail, comp look great and considering the lens and the size of the subject, the DOF is better than I would have expected. The black speck on the eye is drawing my eye so you might consider removing it but other than that minor detail, I can't think of anything that would make this one look any better! Well done! :5

Steve Maxson
10-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Ken. Thanks for the comment! The black spec is a tiny drop of dew - which is why I left it there - but it could easily be removed. :S3: I'll give that some thought.

Hey Steve, this looks fantastic! Colors, detail, comp look great and considering the lens and the size of the subject, the DOF is better than I would have expected. The black speck on the eye is drawing my eye so you might consider removing it but other than that minor detail, I can't think of anything that would make this one look any better! Well done! :5