Flash = Off
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Lens = nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
Tripod

Arthur Morris
10-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Love the image design and the colors. EXP, SH, and d-o-f all good. I would love to have HDR grunged this one!

Steve Maxson
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Adrian. Great light, beautiful colors, excellent sharpness and detail, and the vertical comp works very well. This is a very strong image. :cheers:

Andrew McLachlan
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Very nicely done Adrian. Love the colors and the comp.

Anita Bower
10-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Great capture! Love the colors! Great detail in the bark. I like the composition and the different shades of bark, contrasting with the happy yellow. The top of the fungus/mushroom is a bit darker and I wonder about brightening up that area a bit. Nicely done! Getting in close to eliminate distractions worked very well.

Nate James
10-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Great shot, possibly a chicken-of-the-woods (http://mushroom-collecting.com/mushroomchickens.html), aka sulphur shelf. Good to eat but take note of what kind of tree they're growing on as this could impart some toxicity to them, particularly if they're growing on conifers.

Nate.

Adrian David
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you very much!

Ken Childs
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Adrian, as has already been pointed out, this is a very strong image! The colors, exposure, comp all come together extremely well. I especially like the curving line of the tree. Very well done! :5

BTW, this is NOT Chicken of the Woods so I wouldn't consider eating it. I don't know all that much about edible fungus and mushrooms, especially ones that are not in North America but Chicken of the Woods is one I'm extremely familiar with since I have it growing on my property. It is very tasty! :S3:

Adrian David
10-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you ,Ken!:S3: