PDA

View Full Version : Wanna be just like Daddy!

Gary Esman
10-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Hello, went out this morning to see what migratory ducks have arrived. A few are starting to show up.:bg3: There were only a few cygnets this spring and I remember getting some memory shots of this one. As you can see fall is just starting to turn the trees and water plants. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy.

7D, iso 200, 1/2000, 400mm on 100-400mm 5.6.

Grace Scalzo
10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Gary, What a beautiful fall image. I love the layers of color in the background and your title is perfect. Only thing I might play with is trimming a bit from the top, which will move the birds higher in the frame.

Sid Garige
10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Beautiful image and perfect title like Grace said. Well done.

Arthur Morris
10-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Both birds sharp. EXP good. Wing position of the adult is perfect as we have a nice view of the far underwing. Wish the the front bird were in the full downstroke. I see no reason at all to crop from the top.... One or two light spots in the BKGR and the one branch above the birds might merit your attention.

Grace Scalzo
10-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Artie, When I do a browser scroll and elimiate those fringes of light green foliage that border the top edge, I find that my eye has no reason at all to wander from Gary's beautiful subjects. I am talking about a very minor amount. That also puts the birds slightly higher in the frame which I find pleasing as well. Thank you for making me verbalize (in writing:w3) my idea.

Arthur Morris
10-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Understood. I would much rather deal with the light areas at the top than have more room below the birds than above. Especially since they are headed up :S3:

Gary Esman
10-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Thank you all for your comments appreciate your time!

Gary.

Randy Stout
10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Gary:

Very nice pair here, nice to see them in formation.
Touch of fall creeping in.
I like the juvi showing his developing plumage.

Hope to get out this week sometime.

Cheers

Randy