PDA

View Full Version : Theme Great Blue Heron

Raymond Lee
09-29-2011, 01:33 AM
When I was at a local park, one GBH was feeding at a pond. Another GBH came in and landed on this branch just above the first GBH. I got this flight take off capture when that GBH decided to chase the other GBH around.

Hermitage Park, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. September 25, 2011. Partly cloudy and windy.
Canon EOS 7D | EF 400mm f/5.6L | 1/800 sec., f/6.3, ISO 1000 @ 400mm, on monopod.

Thanks for everyone's C&C!

Raymond

Stu Bowie
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Ray, the conditions certainly work for a high key image. Well timed for the take off, and glad there is separation between the beak and far wing. I feel you have lost a bit of overall IQ, maybe due to a large crop.

Raymond Lee
09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Ray, the conditions certainly work for a high key image. Well timed for the take off, and glad there is separation between the beak and far wing. I feel you have lost a bit of overall IQ, maybe due to a large crop.

Actually, there was only a slight crop. It looked fine before downsizing it for viewing here, and I didn't follow up afterward as I was heading to bed anyway. I have to look into that photo again.

Thanks,
Raymond

Daniel Cadieux
09-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Good exposure on this almost high-key image. I do wish the near wing was opened to prevent it from blocking the view of the body. Did you by any chance run NR on the entire image?