Back yard setup
1D3
300mm 2.8L
Manual mode, live view tethered to MacBook Pro
Tripod
ISO 1000
f/8
1/250

RAW conversion with DPP, further processing with CS5, cropped for composition but nothing cloned out or added.

Jeff Cashdollar
09-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Joel,

Tell me more about the tethered part, assume it is (hot wire) transfer for post. The image would be stronger with a consistent muted background. I like the framing and nice job giving the subject room to breath. Light looks smooth and soft. Nice eye and regal pose, thanks for sharing.

Joel Eade
09-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Jeff,

thanks for commenting.....I was connected to a laptop via USB and was using the EOS utility and live view to check AF microadjustment on my 300mm lens with an ISO chart I set up in the yard.....the Dove just happened to land in my setup so I swung the camera over and snapped a shot. I agree with you about the background but I like the overall feel of the image.

Kerry Perkins
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Joel, lovely dove - I like the light in the image. I would suggest toning down the highlights on the perch a bit, but otherwise looks good to me. There is an app for iPhone that allows you to use the tethered setup through the Bluetooth wireless function of the phone. You can even see the image on the screen of the phone. Way cool!

Craig Wallace
09-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi Joel, Very nice dove image, I agree about the background but its not that distracting.