PDA

View Full Version : White backed Vulture

RakeshDhareshwar
09-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Was glad to get this beautiful bird upclose and without blood on its beak ....for a change .

Camera : Canon 1D Mk III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Aperture : f 7.1
Shutters : 1/1600
Speed : ISO 200

Cheers,
Rakesh

Mark Wiseman
09-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Hi Rakesh,
Nice to see this image of a white backed vulture.
You have nice seperation of the head with a wonderful background and good detail, especially in that glassy eye.
The image appears as though it needs a little bit more saturation, but that most likely is due to the computer I am using to view your image, TFS and well done.

:5

gail bisson
09-28-2011, 04:16 AM
Good comp and I like the curve of the neck. I didn't know they had blue skin. I really like the feather detail. Image is tack sharp with good BG. I would clone out the bright green spot just behind the neck,
Gail

Randy Stout
09-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Rakesh:

Tremendous detail, pose and comp work well together. It does look a bit desatted, but I don't know this bird.

Agree with Gail about the green spot. I think you could tone it down to the luminosity of some of the more subtle green or clone it out.

I would also consider toning down the luminosity of the LUC a bit.

Cheers

Randy

Mital Patel
09-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Rakesh Bhai,

Clarity, HA, Expo, Sharpness everything is just spot on. i might give a panoramic crop giving more space on right of the land to give balance as the popping head went too much on right and loos little center of attraction IMO.

Arthur Morris
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Great advice above. Love the SH and the nice head and neck angle. What is the stuff on top of its head? :e3

Ishmeet Sahni
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Rakesh, this is a super image. Like Gail, I never knew they had blue skin. I am fascinated by the beak,
it almost looks like it is made of ceramic.... the sharpness and clarity are amazing.....well done.

Daniel Cadieux
09-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Looks like there is a couple of flies on the head. Excellent sharpness and details. The muted colours work well. I like the comp, just wish the grasses in ULC were not as pronounced.

Arthur Morris
09-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Looks like there is a couple of flies on the head. Excellent sharpness and details. The muted colours work well. I like the comp, just wish the grasses in ULC were not as pronounced.

A large 50% Clone Stamp Tool would make them a lot less pronounced, especially if combined with Denise's Improved Protect and defend Cloning on a Layer. :S3:

Sandesh R.Dhareshwar
09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Tack sharp image this with fantastic details