PDA

View Full Version : Red Kont juvenil

Geir Jensen
09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
This images was taken on the southwest coast of Norway. Data: Canon 30D, 300mmL F 4.0 + 1.4 converter, 1 / 250, F 5.6, ISO 200, hand-held.

Randy Stout
09-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Geir:

Nice soft light, good bird angle, like the colors in the foreground. The bill looks sharp, the head a little soft, probably a matter of low contrast on the head given the impression of softness. Could add a bit more sharpening there.

I might tone down the luminosity of the vegetation on the the bottom of the frame on right, just to keep our eye centered on the bird.

Cheers

Randy

Emily Norman
09-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Beautiful warm light and great eye contact! I agree with maybe a touch more sharpening on the head, and I'd try a little more noise reduction on the background. Excellent capture!

Arthur Morris
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Too yellow. Image Quality and SH suspect... Worked on the color and did some bill clean-up. Sharpened. Lots of tiny background noise. But I love juvie knots....

Geir Jensen
09-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Where in Norway where I live, is as far north as the southern tip of Greenland, or Anchorage in Alaska. A few times when the sun goes down in the ocean, it becomes a very nice yellow light. It looks like the sun burn .... This light makes the image into something special for me. Therefore I do not think that the bird is too yellow.
I send the RAW file without any adjustments.

best Regards Geir Jensen

Arthur Morris
09-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, at least why know why the image quality was so poor.... That was a huge crop.