PDA

View Full Version : dry dandelions

Valerio Tarone
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
In the last summer I made many shots, in different way of composition. I like the soft colors and the geometry of this common flower.
This: august.Face light. Nikon D300 sigma macro 70mm f13 1/160 ap.priority EV -0,6 ISO 0.3(less than 200)
in PP only adjustment in N.Capture on the brightness of the upper part.
Look forward for comments.

Jerry van Dijk
09-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Valerio, I think this is a lovelly and creative composition. I do feel that the image would gain strength from a somewhat crispier look. Maybe a simple levels adjustment would already work. I may also crop a little from the left, to remove (part of) the shadowy area.

Valerio Tarone
09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
jerry thanks. i attach a new one as you advice. I call 'right' the part more shadowed. But, I think that , perhaps the problem is brightest upper area. i worked in color point on that.

Anita Bower
09-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Valerio: You captured the lovely rainbow colors shinning through or in the dandelions. I like the radiating lines. I wonder what would happen if you raised the saturation A LOT, to give it some color?

Valerio Tarone
09-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Thank you Anita. We can try to raise the saturation a lot in PP. My ethic, personal ethic is to use a minimum of adjustment .

Anita Bower
09-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Thank you Anita. We can try to raise the saturation a lot in PP. My ethic, personal ethic is to use a minimum of adjustment .
I completely understand and respect your photographic ethic. Keep to it! I think having the center of the stems in focus would help this image. Hope to see more of your photos.

Steve Maxson
09-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Valerio. A creative view of of your subject with interesting lighting. I like what you have done in your repost. :S3:

Ken Childs
10-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi Valerio, I like the unusual perspective you captured. Some good suggestions have been given...I like Anita's idea of increasing the saturation but I also think this would make great looking Black & White conversion.