PDA

View Full Version : Bairds Sandpiper juvenil pluage

Raul Padilla
09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
September is still going, migratory birds continue on their way to South America, the plumage most common is juvenile

Canon 50D
500mm
iso 200
f8
1/200

crooping, blurring the bkg

http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/data/532/Calidris_bairdii_Baird_s_Sandpiper_juvenil.jpg

Randy Stout
09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Raul:

Good shooting angle, sharp,well exposed. Like the raised foot.

Perhaps because the luminosity of the bird and BG are fairly close, even though he is well exposed and sharp, he doesn't pop off the background as much as I might like. Perhaps some selective luminosity adjustments could help with the separation.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Nice view of the primaries jotting past the tail feathers. Good low angle and hint of habitat. Good details and I like the raised foot and water falling off it. Some fill flash would have helped with the high and harsh light with the resulting shadows on the belly, neck and face...and would have also helped with Randy's concern. I'd also prefer more room below and less above.

Andrew Merwin
09-28-2011, 09:39 AM
I like the muddy water coming off the raised foot & the mud on the bill. Good HA. TFS

Raul Padilla
09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Thx very much for the critic, i need work more witn luminosity for pop up the bird but not loose detail in withes