PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Lighthouse

Nancy Bell
09-26-2011, 05:29 PM
The original was taken during early morning fog and my biggest problem was trying to make something interesting happen in the sky. Started with PB oil, then a few things from Topaz 4 which I think included exposure correction and exposure color stretch (I kept trying different things and couldn't quite remember what I kept!).

Indranil Sircar
09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Nancy, I really like what you did with the fog and sky. The lighthouse has come out glowing and very nice. I like the shape of the slope and the effect of pb on the grass. Beautiful composition and processing!

denise ippolito
09-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Nancy, I think you did a great job with the filtering. I like the composition and you could take a sliver off the top if you wanted. I might try to eliminate the glow over the grass and leave it only at the upper portion of the lighthouse. I love what you did with the sky, it reminds me a bit of a vanGogh style with the swirls.

Andrew McLachlan
09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi Nancy, I love the PB work on this one. The grasses look great.

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
The filtering turned out very nice Nancy! Grass loks cool!

Steve Adkins
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Nancy, wonderful use of PB. The sky/fog are great. Like the suggestion to tone down the grass glow a bit. I'm a sucker for lighthouses. Where is this one located?

Nancy Bell
09-27-2011, 08:26 AM
This is the Yaguina Lighthouse in Newport. I also thought the grasses were a bit too bright to go with the foggy sky but was not sure exactly what to do without losing the texture effect I already had. Thank you everyone for your compliments!

Anita Bower
09-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Wonderful composition! I like the curve of the land and the railing leading up to the lighthouse. You did a great job on the sky. As others mentioned, it would be nice to have that wonderful grass toned down so it doesn't overpower the lighthouse. I took the liberty of darkening the lighthouse and lightening the grass, also adding just a touch of saturation, just to give you an idea.

Nancy Bell
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks Anita. That gives me the courage to go back and try the adjustments.