PDA

View Full Version : View from A Cell

Bob Miller
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
A guide showed me this cell at Eastern State penitentiary where someone ( an inmate ?) had painted this eye above the door. It freaked me out! This is a 3 shot HDR processed in silver efex and then tonal contrast applied from color efex to enhance the textures.
Nikon D3s
.4 sec at f11
28 mm
ISO 800
All comments welcome!

John Storjohann
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Bob, that is one eerie image...that eye sends it over the top. It might have been nice to include the bottom of the closest doorway...to frame the image...but I love the depth, the detail, and the unsettling textures around the eye. Did you sleep that night? :e3

denise ippolito
09-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Bob, The last time I was there with Artie I was trying to remember where I saw the eye to show him. I like that you converted this to B&W. It is definitely the way to go with this one. I might tone down the white exterior wall of the other cell just a bit so it doesn't draw your eye. Very cool!

Maureen Allen
09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow, that eye is creepy! Great job processing this. I agree with Denise about toning down the interior wall.

I would love to go to there!

Steve Adkins
09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Cool comp and B&W work, Bob. The tectures are amazing. I sorta like the lghting differences for each framed space. Great job! :S3:

Kerry Perkins
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Bob, this composition is just wonderful. The framing of the doors, the placement in the frame, the patterns on the floor, and the textures are definitely over the top. And that eye! OMG! Is it just me, or is that eye decidedly feminine?

Jay Sheinfield
09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Bob, Love that eye.................nice composition on this. I agree with Denises' suggestion. Great textures and well framed. Good one!

Paul Lagasi
09-26-2011, 03:31 PM
When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought what a "cool OOTB idea", adding the eye..then finding out it was actually on the wall, I thought "what things that eye has seen over the years".

Bob a lovely image, well planned out effects...good advice above...well done

Andrew McLachlan
09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Bob, this is great. Love the comp, the peeling paint and the eye is cool yet kinda spooky too!

Cheryl Slechta
09-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Bob, this is great! B&W is perfect for the image. I think it's cool that the peeling paint looks like eyelashes and I swear I see a nose above the right door frame:w3 I like the lighter interior wall. Really well done.

Indranil Sircar
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Bob, this is outstanding... surrealistic, almost in Dali style! Love the composition, the B&W conversion makes it even more effective. Excellent processing!