PDA

View Full Version : Simplified Rose

denise ippolito
09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
I added Topaz Simplify and a few PS tweaks.

Kerry Perkins
09-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Love it Denise! The fuzzy, reaching out growth of the center area contrasts really nicely with the soft warm colors of the petals. Lovely!

John Storjohann
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM
You're killing me with these flower images, Denise...not sure which I like better, the OP in Macro and Flora or this one...although I do think it may be strong like this, in a horizontal composition. I love the pastel color and the soft textures from Simplify...the hint of yellow in the center, the curved line of the peach colored petals...the arc of the stem, and the crossed sepals over the stem. It's just a very strong composition, nicely executed. Well done!

denise ippolito
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks Kerry and John,
John, This was taken in the same series and is the same flower but is a different image. I might rework the macro post and stack a couple of shots to get some more detail especially in that one petal or just go with this one and ditch the other. One thing I always do is take multiple shots of the same flower to give me some flexibility when I get on the big screen.:w3

Bob Miller
09-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Denise....Love the pastel colors and the texture in that sepal is very nice! I am wondering if a slight vignettee would work for this image. You might also consider a texture!....Lovely image!

John Storjohann
09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Dang..I should have noticed the subtle differences, Denise! :e3

Andrew McLachlan
09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Denise, I love the color here and the underside view of the blossom is beautiful too. Very nicely filtered!:S3:

denise ippolito
09-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Bob, Thanks, I appreciate it. I think that the filter added enough of a texture but who knows how I'll feel about that tomorrow!:S3:
John, too funny:S3:
Andrew, thank you kindly.:S3:
I just noticed a spot on the right side-yikes!

Maureen Allen
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Lovely pastel shades here, Denise. Interesting and different view of the rose. I like it :S3:

Steve Adkins
09-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Wonderful vision and glow. Love the perspective, denise. :S3:

Anita Bower
09-26-2011, 06:54 AM
I prefer this orientation to the one posted in Macro forum. The lines flow beautifully in this one. Also like the sharper petals. Still bothered by the whites in the sepals.

denise ippolito
09-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Anita, The cilium on this rose is dense and white-not much I could do about that.

Anita Bower
09-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Anita, The cilium on this rose is dense and white-not much I could do about that.
Oh. I should have known. I've been thinking about my comments on these forums. I think I may have different standards for different people based on my perception of their skill level. I don't know if that is fair and helpful or not. Would welcome your and others thoughts on this issue.

Stu Bowie
09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi Denise, exceptional detail, both in capture, and your final processed image. Pastel pink works nicely on the petals. :w3 Great work as usual. :w3

Paul Lagasi
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
A lovely series, the coloring, texture and composition, super work...I see a coffee table book in your future...

Cheryl Slechta
09-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Beautifully done, Denise:S3:

Indranil Sircar
09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Wonderful perspective, Denise. Love the details. Great colors and effect. What lens did you use?

denise ippolito
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
Indranil, Thanks, I used my 100mm lens and my Canon 5D.

denise ippolito
09-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Oh. I should have known. I've been thinking about my comments on these forums. I think I may have different standards for different people based on my perception of their skill level. I don't know if that is fair and helpful or not. Would welcome your and others thoughts on this issue.

Hi Anita, I needed to give this one some thought. I think you raise an interesting point. I do sometimes critique based on skill level. I appreciate your always honest straight forth critiques of my images. I feel that I can be a little more specific and "picky" with the folks that have a higher skill level.:S3: I do still try to critique each image as if it were my own and I try to offer the best help I can w/o stepping on someones creative vision.

Anita Bower
09-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Hi Anita, I needed to give this one some thought. I think you raise an interesting point. I do sometimes critique based on skill level. I appreciate your always honest straight forth critiques of my images. I feel that I can be a little more specific and "picky" with the folks that have a higher skill level.:S3: I do still try to critique each image as if it were my own and I try to offer the best help I can w/o stepping on someones creative vision.
Thank you for your thoughtful response. I always appreciate your and other's specific suggestions. I find that the critiques on BPN achieve the goal of your last sentence. :bg3:

denise ippolito
09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Great:S3::S3:.