PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature's Surprise

Gary "Jake" Jacobson
04-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I found this beautiful scene on my drive into work yesterday. Mother nature surprised us with 6 inches of snow. Luckily snow doesn't last that long this time of year. This image was captured just outside of Minneapolis, MN. using a Canon 17-85mm IS lens and my Canon EOS 40D, slight crop, noise reduction (neat image) and USM. No increase in saturation, just shot using the landscape picture styles in the camera.

Robert Amoruso
04-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Gary,

Looks good w/o any hot spots on the snow. I like the shadows cast on the trees. The sky looks electric and I like that here. Perhaps it is just me and let's see what others say, but the tree on the left leaning in (due to distortion from the wide-angle aimed up), when compared to the tree on the right - well it seems unbalanced to me since it is leaning so much. If you cropped out that tree, I think the image would balance better.

Alfred Forns
04-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Gary Normally I don't like the electric sky but have to admit it does look very good here !!!!

The one thing that bothers me is the bent tree at the end I'm with Robert on this one Maybe crop it? ....or go to PS and fix curvature !!! Excellent image !!!!

Roman Kurywczak
04-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Gary,
Still having trouble with your website............will work on getting in after dinner. I'm going to go a little wild here and recommend..........no crop.........se if you can get right tree lean in with perspective control........don't have time to try it myself right now...........but if I do......will post results later tonight............Still.......I like it overall!
Roman

Paul Marcellini
04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I like the curved tree. Breaks the monotony. I like it in color, I also think it would be an effective bw.