PDA

View Full Version : Wood Stork

Gary Esman
09-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Hello, going through some older shots and found this Wood Stork. f/6.3, iso-500, 1/1600, 400mm on a 100-400mm., 50D.

Thanks for looking and C and C always appreciated.

Gary.

Karl Egressy
09-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice flight pose and nice light. I wish to see more details in tha darkest dark of the wing, if it's possible.

Randy Stout
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Gary:

Must be a wood stork kind of day!

Nice angle in frame, like being able to see both wings, good full up pose, sharp. I like the subtle cloud streaks, but do wish they were just a bit more distinct to give more 'texture' and depth to the image.

Shadows on far wing a plus, repeating motif.

There are a few small sensor spots, one about 1" in and 1" up from LLC (on my screen) and a more subtle one about 1" up from the midpoint of bill.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Good stuff above. Nice upstroke wing position and sharp. My only quibble is that the bird's head is angled ever-so-slightly away from us.

Gary Esman
09-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Gary:

Must be a wood stork kind of day!

Nice angle in frame, like being able to see both wings, good full up pose, sharp. I like the subtle cloud streaks, but do wish they were just a bit more distinct to give more 'texture' and depth to the image.

Shadows on far wing a plus, repeating motif.

There are a few small sensor spots, one about 1" in and 1" up from LLC (on my screen) and a more subtle one about 1" up from the midpoint of bill.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy, excellent eye..go figure:bg3: Yeah noticed those spots after shooting at Gatorland, cleaned the sensor shortly after.

Gary.

Gary Esman
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice flight pose and nice light. I wish to see more details in tha darkest dark of the wing, if it's possible.

Thanks Karl, if you tip a laptop a little toward you the details come out.:w3

Gary.

Gary Esman
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Good stuff above. Nice upstroke wing position and sharp. My only quibble is that the bird's head is angled ever-so-slightly away from us.

Thanks Artie...appreciate your time and expertise.

Gary.

Arthur Morris
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
YAW Gary. Thanks for being open minded. :S3: