PDA

View Full Version : The World Tiger Day

Harshad Barve
09-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Dear All
Today is International Tiger Day, Lets hope you will something for them so that our coming generations can hear their roar in wild and not in Zoo,
We can see many awareness program and many young people joining in to save this magnificent and most beautiful big cat, Lets join them in possible ways

D3 , 200-400/F4 at F4 , ISO 1250 , 1/640 at 350MM , Original vertical , slight crop

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Brendan Dozier
09-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Very nice, Harshad, love the pose, eyes, and vertical BW comp works really well! Let's hear it for the tiger! Long live the tiger! :cheers:

Mark Wiseman
09-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi Harshad, I like this b&w conversion. There is good detail, composition and I like the POV. The tigers mouth agape adds to the image. It would be interesting to see the original colour version, well done.
:5:cheers:

Pieter de Waal
09-25-2011, 01:45 PM
A great image Harshad, nice low angle and excellent detail in this B&W version. Love the eyes and those paws. I might consider a small crop off the top.

Can't help with a Tiger image but with you all the way and so nice to hear that young people are getting involved - that is where the future is.

Morkel Erasmus
09-25-2011, 05:16 PM
You are venturing more and more into the world of monochrome, Bhai :w3
Thanks for this - seems like tigers have a better future at this stage than rhinos :2eyes2:. If I had an image to contribute, I would...for now I'll just enjoy yours...
I quite like the toning here - nice pose too. Thanks for all your efforts to raise awareness of the need for conservation!

DanWalters
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Great looking tiger! Really like the conversion.

Hilary Hann
09-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Another beautiful tiger image, Harshad, and posted for a great cause. I wanted to post something for tiger day but only having zoo animals, I don't want to promote those images as being the only ones we might be able to get in the future. One day, on Indian soil I will stand, hopefully with tiger (wild) in view.

Harshad Barve
09-26-2011, 12:01 AM
One day, on Indian soil I will stand, hopefully with tiger (wild) in view.

Till the day , people like us are alive , you will see them in wild

Ron Bernstein
09-26-2011, 06:22 AM
I like the image very much, Harshad, but I think adding a subtle vignette will help focus the viewer on the cat and away from the corners. I experimented with it and prefer the results with it. Give it a try!
Congrats! Ron

Harshad Barve
09-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Ron ,

Please add repost , will help everyone

Stu Bowie
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Bhai, good conversion here, love the tone. I also like the vertical comp with good walking pose. Love your tigers Bhai.

Rachel Hollander
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Harshad - I like your b&w experiments. Hopefully the conservation efforts relating to the tigers will continue to pay off. Thanks for alerting us to this and sharing all your wonderful images of wild tigers.

Rachel

Ron Bernstein
09-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Ron ,

Please add repost , will help everyone

Okay, you asked for it, Harshad! Here it is! I toned down the sides individually in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2, then added contrast via brush with Pro Contrast in color efex. I lightened the eyes and tongue, primarily, but other parts of the tiger as well.

In both cases, I was trying to direct the viewer to the most important part of the image - the tiger's face - and hold attention there, and away from unimportant parts that distracted me and took my eye away from the subject. I hope you like it!!!

Ron

Harshad Barve
09-26-2011, 08:45 PM
thanks Ron for re-post , VWD