PDA

View Full Version : Hovering Forster's Tern!

Indranil Sircar
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM
This is an image from earlier in the year... I had been focusing on this tern as it dived for fish over and over again at the same place. It chased away any others terns that came in the area. Of the frames that I took, I liked this one the most with upward curve created by the flapping wings and its open bill. For processing, I applied fract on a layer and changed opacity and also added a mask to open up the head and bill. Hope you like it..

Paul Lagasi
09-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Indranil one of my favourites of yours....love the frac effect but the face and feet make this a winner...good work

John Storjohann
09-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Indranil, I agree with Paul...I think this is one of my favorite images of yours. If it were mine, I might go in and clone out that little bit of glow around the bill and feet...it may be an artifact of the processing...and the feet look a little hot to me, but I'm not familiar enough with this tern to know, so you have the better call! Just a superb image..love the blur of the wing tips...the subtle texture and depth of the water...nicely done! :5

denise ippolito
09-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Nice effect Indranil, I like the glow and think it fits the subject well. I might tone down the whites on the neck just a little if it were mine.:S3:

Maureen Allen
09-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Great effect, Indranil! The glow gives you a feeling for the quick motion of these terns. The texture of the water is soft and beautiful. I just love the feet :S3:

Brendan Dozier
09-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Beautiful tern, and nicely captured pose and filtering on this, Indranil. Agree about toning whites down a bit, and maybe revealing a bit more detail in wings, but that's personal pref. and overall I like your composition!

Andrew McLachlan
09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Indranil, ditto on toning down the whites on the neck, but otherwise this is a very beautiful capture made extra nice by my favorite filter!:S3:

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey Indranil,
Nice effect and very good capture! Agree with tweak suggestions.

Indranil Sircar
09-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks all. Here is a repost incorporating the suggestions...