PDA

View Full Version : The Way Out

Bob Miller
09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
This image of the Chapel door was taken at Eastern State penitentiary. It is a 3 shot HDR ran through a Fractilius filer 2x and masked. Silver efex pro used also.
Nikon D3s
1/4 sec at f16
ISO 800
Focal length 16 mm

Indranil Sircar
09-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Bob, this is an interesting composition! The effect you have created is eerie... the floor resembles a dark hole! as is the effect behind the glass panes. B&w and the lighting makes it even more strong. I like it! very effective and creative!

John Storjohann
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Bob, I look at this and I think more, "No Way Out"....:w3...that's one foreboding looking door! It almost looks like fog or smoke creeping out from beneath the door...and the white streaks on the windows made me think of claw marks on glass panes (OK, OK....I have an active imagination :t3). The image definitely touches a nerve...if it were mine, I might try to bring back just a little shadow detail in the strong shadow area that is just to the right of door...well done!

denise ippolito
09-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Bob, Very cool filter combo. I will have to give it a try on some of my shots from ESP. I like the conversion and the view. If it were mine I might take a very small slice off the top and right just to tighten it up a bit. I might add a small amount of tonal contrast to give a little more detail to the door and handle. Just my thoughts. :S3:I really think you did a great job creating an interesting image at ESP-Good eye!

Maureen Allen
09-25-2011, 11:18 AM
That is one scary image, Bob :S3: Very effective use of filters! I think if this were mine, I might try to add a minor blur to see if it enhances the really spooky feel here.

Brendan Dozier
09-25-2011, 11:43 AM
This is really interesting & unique, Bob. Kind of a surreal, twilight zone type of composition, and the processing combination with the B&W really works well together. Get's the imagination going and makes you wonder. Very creative!

Ken Childs
09-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I think John has this creepy one pegged perfectly......NO WAY OUT!
Great use of the filters! Denise's crop suggestion works for me....I looked at it with a browser crop and it does look better with a bit off the top. :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi Bob, this is scary cool! I love the filter's effect on the window panes in the door. Great work!