PDA

View Full Version : Snowey goes PUFFIN?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Not the best IQ as it is a big crop but I really wanted to share this one with you. I was getting this one fishing and wasn't till I reviewed the images that I noticed he had 2 fish! I was pretty amazed as I havenever seen this before
Canon 1DMIII 300 mm 2.8L lens
ISO 320 f7.1@1/2500

C&C always Thanks

dankearl
09-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Really? A twofer?
Great capture, action, the waves are really cool and of course TWO fish.
Congrats on a wonderful photo.
I agree on not a lot of feather detail, but it is such a good image, who cares?

gail bisson
09-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Very very cool Cheryl. Thanks for sharing,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Man, birds never cease to amaze...no wonder we are all addicted in photographing them!!:bg3: Image quality has degraded a bit, but the subject matter is strong. The pose gives this egret a very ape-like posture (when they stand on their legs)! I like the textured water combined with the clean smooth BG.

Mital Patel
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Cheryl
am sure you might be having fun with two fish :)

I loved the moment really.
Seems bit noisy at 320 ISO but wouldn't complain as it said to be a big crop.
Giving round of basic NR wouldn't hurt actually.

I might recover whites on forehead and both shoulders as it looks blown out. ACR Highlight Recovery will help at 50+ to give some data hint on your jpg

Again am totally loving this frame :5

Grace Scalzo
09-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Two fish and a breaking wave makes this one a keeper in my book. Fun to view.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Cheryl
am sure you might be having fun with two fish :)

I loved the moment really.
Seems bit noisy at 320 ISO but wouldn't complain as it said to be a big crop.
Giving round of basic NR wouldn't hurt actually.

I might recover whites on forehead and both shoulders as it looks blown out. ACR Highlight Recovery will help at 50+ to give some data hint on your jpg

Again am totally loving this frame :5

Thanks Mital,
I have worked the image in ACR and did recover the whites till the red was gone. My question is Is there a way to use the recover tool to only effect the whites? it seems to dull the whole image at 50= and then I'm back to having to brighten again. Thanks much

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Another try from raw

Marina Scarr
09-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Amazing that you caught the 2 fish in beak here as he is trying to balance himself in the wave as well. The water droplets work well. Repost is even better.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Amazing that you caught the 2 fish in beak here as he is trying to balance himself in the wave as well. The water droplets work well. Repost is even better.

Thanks Marina, we need to hit the beach soon.

Melissa Groo
09-24-2011, 07:44 PM
What an awesome action shot Cheryl, and unusual capture, don't think I've ever seen two at once! Excellent job!
Wish I could hit the beach down there too. Looks like a lot of fun.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-24-2011, 09:12 PM
What an awesome action shot Cheryl, and unusual capture, don't think I've ever seen two at once! Excellent job!
Wish I could hit the beach down there too. Looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks Melissa. You need to let me know if you ever come to FL

Tom Rambaut
09-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Cool image - I could just imagine this closer and the bird full frame - I guess this is why you keep going back out there.

Brendan Dozier
09-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Such a cool pose and capture, Cheryl! TFS

Mital Patel
09-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Cheryl

You did really good on the re-post i like it ..

Daniel Cadieux
09-25-2011, 05:36 AM
My question is Is there a way to use the recover tool to only effect the whites? it seems to dull the whole image at 50= and then I'm back to having to brighten again. Thanks much

The recovery tool when used too aggressively does that in my experience too. You can experiment with some other sliders too such as less recovery combined with highlights adjustment, or lots of recovery but then some additional contrast and/or more blacks. You can also try first reducing the exposure slider a bit then adding a bit of fill. Lots to options to try but hope these few ones help.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-25-2011, 08:07 AM
The recovery tool when used too aggressively does that in my experience too. You can experiment with some other sliders too such as less recovery combined with highlights adjustment, or lots of recovery but then some additional contrast and/or more blacks. You can also try first reducing the exposure slider a bit then adding a bit of fill. Lots to options to try but hope these few ones help.

Thanks Daniel Can I call you Dan? Any way yes that's kinda how I get there too:)
Thanks everyone for commenting.

Daniel Cadieux
09-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Dan is A-Ok with me:S3:

Don Lacy
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Cheryl, Your processing is looking good the second image is the best

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Cheryl, Your processing is looking good the second image is the best
Awesome Don I am working on it!