PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret

Sidharth Kodikal
09-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Canon 50D, 300 2.8, 2x TC II
1/2500, f7.1, iso 400
Morning light, November last year.

It has been great being a part of this awesome community.
I have gotten a lot more from BPN than I have given back, but now that I've crossed 1K posts, I must grow up and contribute more :)
Thank you all!

Mital Patel
09-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Sidharth

congrats on crossing 1k.
Indeed BPN is giving so high learning from members. in the past few months i stopped due to work and other activities .. recently i started with hope i will continue doing and sharing as much as i can.

Now as for your image this is indeed beautiful image bro. I think you have had much more room to increase the aperture having such beautiful 1/2500 speed. could have been more sharper on the back as well..

need a round of NR on bg ? cropping is fine to me and i love the fish so clear though i really hate smell of fish :S3:

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I think it's great, whites look nice , a great sharp eye, good fish position and you caught the poor fishie's last drop of water too.

gail bisson
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I really like the comp and the head angle. The striated blue BG is terrific and IQ is awesome. Great that you got eye side of the fish. I like the single "tear" (drop) below the fish .
Congrats on hitting over 1000 posts.
You have helped me lots and I appreciate all your comments. If one divides your posts by the # of threads you are going above and beyond the duties of a BPN'er as you are posting 20 critiques for every thread you post. Pretty awesome and helpful I would say!Thank you Sis,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
09-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey Sidharth, your contribution here on BPN has been very good and very much appreciated...keep it up!:S3:

Nice image overall, and like Gail I love that you have the fish with its right side showing. I can just picture it wiggling desparately for its life! DOF looks good from here with the face nice and sharp. I could go for a tiny bit more room above and would use the patch tool to eliminate the larger white speck on the lores.

arash_hazeghi
09-24-2011, 03:54 PM
excellent Sidharth and congrats on the milestone

Melissa Groo
09-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Congratulations Sidharth. And this is a beauty of a shot. Sweet light, detail, and comp. You are very talented and also very helpful with others.

Ofer Levy
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Fantastic image! Just slightly brighter and some cooling filter applied.WDYT ?

Tom Rambaut
09-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Great overall image. I would like some more room. Is there such a thing as the perfect HA for fish?:t3

Sinh Nhut Nguyen
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Great image over all, I like the position of the fish. The puffyness of the neck gives the image a nice touch.

Sidharth Kodikal
09-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Thank you all; I really appreciate the very nice comments!

Ofer, I do like your repost. Thanks. I will give it a try and will also add some more room around.

Thanks!

Ofer Levy
09-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Thank you all; I really appreciate the very nice comments!

Ofer, I do like your repost. Thanks. I will give it a try and will also add some more room around.

Thanks!

Composition looks spot on to me - no need for any extra room as you don't want to have the fish smaller and lose the ability so see the poor thing's expression...:w3

yogesh_puranik
09-25-2011, 12:18 PM
wow...sid congrats on grt milestone..your images really are very impressive..keep them coming nice moment capture what i liked more is the DOF and exposure..class..

RakeshDhareshwar
09-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Brilliant image , Sid. Loved everything about it !! Congrats on the 1000!!