PDA

View Full Version : Klipspringer

Pieter de Waal
09-23-2011, 02:36 PM

Taken on my recent trip to Kruger National Park.

EOS7D EF500f4 1/640@f10 iso400 cropped and removed a few intruding twigs.

C&C allways welcome.

Allen Sparks
09-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi Pieter, I like the relaxed pose and overall composition works for me. Nice image.

Mark Wiseman
09-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi Pieter, I like your composition and pose of the klipspringer in your image. The low angle is really a bonus and I have not seen a klipsringer this relaxed, so well done om catching the moment. I would maybe try another USM pass as the image on my computer looks a little soft, but that might just be my computer. TFS and best wishes.

:5

Morkel Erasmus
09-23-2011, 05:55 PM
The POV here is exquisite Pieter, and ditto Mark on seeing one so relaxed! Lovely colour too, yet to me it also looks like it could use another round of sharpening...maybe just on the head/face/neck area to add some "pop"? :tinysmile_shy_t:
Where was this in Kruger?

Steve Canuel
09-23-2011, 10:17 PM
1st thing I thought was "I don't remember ever seeing one of these not standing up". Nice to see one relaxing :bg3:. Like the pose and the rocky anchor in the frame. A little lightening of the eye and other dark spots if it were mine.

Pieter de Waal
09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks all for looking and for the feedback.
Morkel this was on the tar road to Pretoriuskop. Rocky outcrop both sides of the road just after the Afsaal turnoff. Always see them there but not always so low down.

Steve Kaluski
09-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Pieter, nice to see something different and this is a sweet image.

I too like the relaxed pose and the comp works well IMHO. Agree with Morkel on a bit more selective sharpening and with Steve C on lightening of the eye. Also, just adding say 2 points more black in Selective just gives it a little bit more punch if you feel inclined.

TFS
Steve

Brendan Dozier
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Wonderful capture & composition, Pieter! Great looking animal, love the detail, especially the hooves and horns. Well done!

Harshad Barve
09-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Agree with Morkelbhai here
TFS

Rachel Hollander
09-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Pieter - great to see one of these sitting down and relaxed. I like the comp. Good suggestions above. No one else has mentioned it but I see some halos or selection issues around the horns, below the left ear, and along the rump and back of the rear leg.

TFS,
Rachel

Pieter de Waal
09-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks folks appreciate your comments and advice, learn something with every post I make. Rachel I now see the halo, will work on that, thanks.